Thursday, August 23, 2007

YAY ! ! ! They are on their way HOME!!!

Beverly called me around 11:15pm EST tonight from the airport, and said they had tickets and were going to board the plane for the first of 3 legs home. First they fly to Paris France, then on to Atlanta, and finally on to Norfolk; HOME ! ! !
Beverly says that Katya doesn't show any sign of being afraid of flying. Beverly thinks Katya is fearless ! ! ! And she likes to be IN CONTROL ! ! ! Oh boy, Beverly isn't going to like that if it continues here in the USA. Even after getting their tickets, Katya was looking them over to determine where they were supposed to be (i.e. gate). I think some of it (at least my thought) is that Katya knows Beverly can't speak Russian and Katya feels like she has to take care of Beverly. What do you think? Oh well, we'll see how in control she feels in Virginia Beach ! ! !
I'm up late, because I needed to clean the house and grocery shop. It has been a long time since I bought that many groceries. Usually buying for Beverly and I is fairly minimal and one day at a time. Things are DIFFERENT NOW! ! ! I even bought ice cream ! ! ! I haven't bought ice cream just to have in the house in I so long I can't remember when it was. I think I'm going to gain weight ! ! !
I made an appointment with the guidance counselor at Cox HS for next Monday. We'll see how it goes. I have a feeling we aren't going to have all the paper work they will want. At least all of it translated into English. It would be nice to get her registered so she can start the first day of school, but if it doesn't happen, the world won't stop rotating.
Well, I'm fading again, and I do have to work tomorrow (YUK).
TOMORROW ! ! ! !; they will be HOME TOMORROW ! ! !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

See you at the airport!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Praying for safe travels.

n.turner said...

Can't wait to see everyone :) It REALLY happened. Prayers DO come true!!!!