Tuesday, August 28, 2007

They're Home ! ! ! (and life begins anew for us)


Beverly and Katya arrived safely Friday night. This picture shows Katya with four of her friends that also were adopted this past year from Uglegorsk. They all were there to greet her at the airport. Katya cried a lot ! ! !

It has been a crazy three days so I haven't been able to post until this morning.

I need to go to work, but will hopefully post more real soon. There is lots to tell. Katya is doing well, and Beverly is recovering from being away from home for a month.

2 comments:

Mishalove said...

We just got home too with a teen girl and her younger sister. We had our Katya (age 14) placed in 7th grade since her school records from Ukraine said she only completed grade 6. Our Katya would love to have a buddy to talk to on the phone who is her age and going through the same thing- is that ok with you? my email is mhemmen621@hotmail.com

Michael & Beverly said...

We made the decision to put Katya in 8th grade. We're sure no matter what grade we put her in, she will require some tutoring.
Leave a comment with your number and I'll get my wife to call you about letting our girls chat.
Our Katya has her Ukrainian friends to talk to here, so I know how helpful that can be. Although, I notice her calling them less and less.
We hope all goes well with your new family ! ! !