Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm HOME ! ! ! But my Heart is in Ukraine :o(

Well, I had a real experience getting home. My luggage got lost and trying to find it in New York caused me to miss my flight (and last flight) to Norfolk. I now know how to get around JFK airport, after spending the night there. Sleeping on a concrete bench in a Food Court wasn't any worse that sleeping on a moving train in Ukraine.

Beverly called and said things are going well there in Ukraine with her, Katya, Karol and Zania (sp?). They have had to deny the two kids doing fun things because they have acted up (trying to find the boundaries). The great thing is that it seems to have worked. The kids have better attitudes.

Katya rode a horse the other day for her first time. She rode one of the spinning rides at the bumper car place. You know the kind that spins a million miles an hour and then turns on its side. Most people throw up, but Beverly said Katya got off and took a bite of something Beverly was eating and then wanted to ride another ride. Beverly said Katya slept with her the last two nights. The first night was because she was because she had a bad headache and felt sick. The second night was because she wanted to ! ! !Beverly is very pleased that Katya seems to be so teachable and takes correction well ! ! !

The picture below is a picture of my new grand daughter, Meredith ! ! ! Isn't she sweet?

Gotta go to work . . . .

1 comment:

Judy Riedel said...

Wow, new parents for Katya and grandparents for Meredith. This is going to be such a happy time for all. We are excited for you.
By the way, I like to shop for household items if you would like someone to join you on the adventure.

Call me @ 407-3615. My (Judy)schedule is open.

God's cup is never empty and we can drink from living water anytime. We are so blessed!
Judy and Burt