Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Counting hours now instead of days ! ! !

48 more hours ! ! ! Yeah..................
Beverly called this morning and said they went to the US Embassy. She accomplished some of the work, but not all. It turns out that the facilitators in Kyiv didn't realize Beverly and Katya are booked on an early morning flight Friday. They didn't have all the paper work translated yet, so she has to go back tomorrow.
They are staying in the same apartment I stayed in my last days there. It isn't in a convenient location and you have to walk a fairly long way to get to the underground mall or Friday's restaurant. Getting to either of those places requires going underground, because there are no pedestrian crosswalks at the street intersections. I did alright myself, but I'm an architect and kept my bearings underground. Hopefully Katya will keep Beverly from getting lost. Beverly worried about going down in the mall, because there is an Internet place on the lowest level, and she was afraid Katya would seee it and want to stay there for hours.
I took today off from work and worked on getting Katya's room ready. I started last night rearranging furniture and didn't get to bed until 1:00am. I also took time to call the school to make an appointment to meet with a guidance counselor. They told me I would have to wait and call tomorrow, because they haven't started making appointments for next week yet.
I'm starting to fade.... so I'm closing for now, but please pray for a smooth exit from Ukraine and safe and timely flights ! ! !

No comments: