Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Step 1 OVER !!!

We had the meeting this morning with SDA. We PASSED !!! Sooooo,,
now we get on a train this evening to head toward Donetsk. Then tomorrow we meet with the orphanage's social worker AND Katya ! ! ! There will be more paperwork to do in Donetsk. Once that is done, we will be allowed to take Katya with us to Sevastopol for a few days until it is time to go to court.

Everything is going really well so far. Our adoption facilitator, Yuri, has done a great job for us. He would like for us to be done with adoption by the last week in August. That would be very cool. Maybe Beverly and Katya would be home before September 1. Yea ! ! !

Beverly says hi to everyone ! ! !

More in the next day or so.........(picture from our apartment balcony)

5 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I've been reading your blog for several weeks now. My husband and I are also in the process of adopting from Ukraine.

I'm anxiously "watching" as you journey to bring your daughter home. I prayed for you guys this morning, and will continue to lift you guys up each day. Glad to hear your SDA appointment went well!

Jennifer

karol and ed said...

Yes Beverly I will bring your stuff, if I get the word to come. Hug that boy for me! Tell Victor to email me!!! All is well here. Have a great night on the train. love, karol

Unknown said...

Praise God for a great start to the process! Love the new pics--especially the "hero-city Kiev" sign. Watching for your next post.... Daryl

karol and ed said...

Hi everyone, Bev called me this morning and wanted you all to know that things are great. They won't be able to post on their blog until they find the internet cafe...but they wanted me to let you know they are fine and Katya is now with them. Bev says Katya has "taken" to them like a duck to water. Katya has to get the blood test tomorrow so pray that she won't be too upset or frightened. Paperwork is being done and they are thinking that a court date will be on the 14th of August...but remember this is Ukraine!

Lauren said...

Yay! Thank you, Jesus! Glad you guys got there safe and everything is going well so far! I got the list of vaccinations, and I will be emailing them soon! I will continue to pray for you guys! Katya just doesn't realize how lucky she is, but I'm sure it won't take her long to figure it out!!! You guys are amazing! Love you both!