Saturday, July 28, 2007

Katya, ...ready or not here we come ! ! !

Well, we leave tomorrow morning at 10:30am ! ! ! I can hardly believe it.
We still have to pack! Yes, we wait until the last minute. Actually, we have most everything laid out so we know what we're taking. I haven't gotten my normal rest at night, because I wake up thinking, thinking, thinking.... and more thinking. Thinking about the process in Ukraine. Thinking about bringing Katya home. Thinking about what it is going to be like for her and for us.
I'm excited ! ! ! For us and for her ! ! !
Poor Beverly has been working like crazy since she came back from the Ukraine two weeks ago. All her customers know that she is leaving for a month, and they all want to be "fit in". We know the upcoming time in Ukraine won't be any "walk in the park", but she is actually looking forward to leaving so she can rest.
My daughter, Casey has only two more weeks to her due date for delivery of our new granddaughter. As I mentioned before, I'm am not very happy about having to leave the country this close to her time. She says she doing really well (or good, which ever is correct), but is ready for the pregancy to be OVER ! ! !
As far as Ukraine is concerned, everything is "GO", so hopefully there won't be any new government laws or changes in existing ones. New parliamentary elections are schedule for the end of September, so the politicians will be too busy trying to get reelected.
One thing we are certain about is how much time we are going to be able to spend with Katya before the court date, because she is at camp with other kids from the orphanage. We have been told that she will be allowed to leave camp to come see us as long is we pay for her transportation. We hope she can also come with us to Sevastopol for a few days before the court date.
Well if I have learned anything from other adopting parents who went through the process, we must be prepared to be flexible and expect changes.
I'll be updating this blog while in Ukraine. My apologies to those who I gave the wrong URL to. I kept telling people it was mikebevadoption@blogspot.com that is wrong. The "@" should have been a period.
Hopefully, the next blog post you read will be news from Ukraine.
Out for now...

1 comment:

karol and ed said...

Hi Bev and Mike,
Tell everyone we said hello! I know it will be a long day but we are praying for you. Squeeze that boy for us if you see him at camp! Tell Victor to email me or call me as soon as the "meeting" is over. I am waiting to hear from him before I book plane tickets! ASAP when the meeting is over!!!!love, karol and ed