Wednesday, July 18, 2007

10 More Days Until We Leave for Ukraine

Wow, the time for us to leave is rapidly approaching ! ! !
It almost seems like a dream in many ways. We have been planning for and looking forward to finalizing the adoption for what seems like forever, and it is almost too hard to believe it is so close to a reality ! ! !

Beverly brought back a "bunch" of pictures from her trip a week ago. Many of them were taken by Katya of her friends. I have enjoyed so much looking at them and trying to get a sense of who she is and what she is like. That is like so impossible to do, but I can't help trying.

This is going to be such a huge thing for her, us and our extended family. I hope and pray we are successful in providing a loving home AND family for her, and that she grows to love us. I thought it was cute that my sweet 87 year old mother went to the library to check on tapes to learn how to speak Russian. She said to make sure I told her when she was officially going to be a grandmother again. She is such an awesome woman and mother ! ! !
Well, g2g...........

No comments: