Wednesday, July 4, 2007

She called Beverly Mama Today ! ! !



Beverly and I spoke on the phone today. Things are going well with her and Katya. Katya followed her around as she did her work. Beverly describes her as a "real sweetie" and very cute. She started calling Beverly Mama today!!! This is turning out to be the opposite of what we were expecting. Two months ago we were expecting her to reject being adopted. Now Beverly says she is really excited about having us as parents (at least Beverly anyway; she hasn't met me yet). We aren't sure about her change of heart, but we are happy; really happy ! ! !



When the church team left the orphanage today, Katya had gone off for a few minutes. But Beverly said Katya chased behind the van to wave good bye to her!!!
Katya asked the director if she could stay overnight with Beverly in her hotel. The director said yes, but Beverly is concerned about the "mixing" of the adoption with the church's trip. She is going to discuss it with our church's team leader. It would be very cool if they could have the one on one time.
While Beverly is in Ukraine, I am busy here in the US making airline reservations for our adoption trip on July 29. It seems really close now. I'm also getting Katya's room ready. We are going to do much if any "decorating", because we want her to help with that.
August 2007 is going to be an August for us to remember. Not only will we be "in the process" of adopting Katya, but we will become new grandparents. My wonderful daughter, Casey, and her super husband, Drew, are expecting the delivery of their baby girl on or around August 10. I am bummed that I will be in Ukraine when she has my new granddaughter, but it can't be helped. With the way the Ukraine government has been trying to "monkey" with the adoption laws, we are afraid to ask SDA to change the appointment date. I am excited about being a grandad, and wish we weren't in VA and them in Denver. We'll just have to do a lot of flying; I guess.
I forgot to mention that the other day when Beverly called, she put Katya on the phone, and that was a hoot. All the Russian I have been trying to learn went right out of my head, except "dobre den" (good afternoon). Oh well, it was fun at least hearing her on the other end of the phone.
"Paka paka" (bye bye) for now.

No comments: