Friday, June 8, 2007

The Journey Began

[the short version]
Several years ago, thinking we were too old to adopt, we entertained the idea of trying to help a young man in an orphanage in Ukraine who was ready to "age out" when he turned 16. Even though we tried to help, it didn't work.
Beverly visited an orphanage in the eastern region of Ukraine on a mission trip our church organized. When she returned I expected her to say "I found this young person and want to adopt". She didn't even mention any such thing. So I told her I expected a pleading from her to adopt. She said she thought I wouldn't even entertain such an idea. I told he that I thought we could help an orphan and that I saw no reason why God wouldn't be pleased that we would. Well.......... that's where it started.
Unfortunately for us Ukraine shut down their international adoptions shortly after that decision. We then had to wait (one of the things international adoption is full of); wait, wait and more waiting ! ! !

No comments: